Access During COVID-19
Due to the current Coronavirus COVID 19 Situation, the practice is operating differently. Bordesley Green Surgery is still here for you, but how you access our services has changed due to COVID-19. If you are feeling unwell or if you have any health symptoms that you are worried about, please call us to make an appointment on 0121 7661335. We are open and fully operational, but we can no longer see walk-in patients without an appointment. However we would like to assure you that we are still here to look after you and we will arrange the best care according to your health needs.
If you need to see a doctor or clinician face to face then this will be arranged for you. Please be aware this may be at a different local practice.
If you need medical advice, please call between 9am-10am and book a call back. This will likely be a phone call or a video call during practice opening hours between 9am and 6:30pm.
If you have a pre-booked face to face consultation please ensure you:
· Arrive wearing a face covering.
· Use the hand sanitiser provided.
· Try to maintain a 2 metre social distance from other patients.
· Try to limit the amount of time you spend in the surgery by not arriving more than 5 minutes before you appointment. If you arrive early – you may be asked to wait in the car to maintain social distancing and minimum contact with other patients.
· Attend alone, or with only 1 carer/parent as necessary.
What to expect when you arrive:
· Your temperature will be taken on arrival.
· Clinicians may be wearing scrubs, PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) such as Visor, Mask, Gloves and Apron. This is for the safety of you and our staff, please do not be alarmed by this.
· To reduce the risk of cross contamination we have locked our public toilets. Please try to refrain from asking the receptionist to use the toilet unless absolutely necessary.
Local people must also book a test immediately if they have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus. They are:
· A high temperature
· A new, continuous cough
· Loss or change in sense of smell or taste
If they have any of these symptoms, they can book a COVID-19 test by calling 119 or online at: http://nhs.uk/coronavirus